Ok, so I have a category of folk in my life that I choose to avoid. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you should follow suit, but if you have issues with some folk in life and don’t know how to handle these annoying people in your life – the first step is identifying their character traits to weed out what their root issues are. If there are certain individuals that make your skin crawl, or make you cringe and head for the hills when you have the chance, then I think it’s about time you sort of sift through the types of personalities you should avoid. And by avoid, I mean you have to learn how to weed out these characters before you’re stuck with a never ending cycle of crazies following you and making it a mission to make your life intolerable.
This list that I am creating is based on my experiences with certain people I have in mind and is not intended to be exhaustive. I’m sure you can create your own list but this is who I try to avoid as much as possible. Here goes:
1. The Complainer – everything they do and say is just a whole bag of negative energy. They complain so much that even when you point out a positive, they know how to shipwreck your dreams and like vampires, suck out all the positive chi energy out of you.
2. The Deceiver – They are a tricky bunch that I’ve ever met. They are classically the pretentious ones, the ones that make you believe that they are your friend, confidant, etc to trap you into their tiny web of “forever gullible and easy to manipulate”. They are also the backstabbers that I’d like to push off a cliff, but because of my dignity, I will not stoop that low nor dine with these brats. I’ll choose to kick ’em off a hill instead. Keep in mind that a deceiver can fit all the categories I have or am about to mention.
3. The “quiet one” – This is self explanatory, but they are annoying to me in that they are what I classify as those that always listen but almost never bring something new or add to the table. They appear “timid” and yet they follow you everywhere because they enjoy your company even though you don’t enjoy theirs. I try to be tolerable but they can also be “deceivers” as well when they act like they aren’t listening to you in various conversations and yet they go and gab about you to other folk about your business which they should have the common sense to know that you shouldn’t share my stuff with others! Also, they love talking with others about you to act like they are the closest ones to you when in fact they are not. They are conniving and they piss me off!
4. The Pryer – I am talking about those that want to know every single living detail about you. They probe you with so many questions as an attempt to pry into your personal life acting all interested when really they have devious plans to gossip about you behind your back. They are the Sherlock Holmes in the story of your life, and let me tell you that these pesky habits of theirs, I curb with intense enthusiasm. You have to develop a way of speaking to them that thwarts their need to be the National Enquirer in your life by basically answering their questions with a question. I do this all the time and it pisses them off because they ironically don’t like people up in their business. Tch! The irony and the nerve of it all! I love this maneuver ‘cuz it works all the time hahahahahahahaha! *Pat myself on the back* Totally recommend you try it.
5. The Smooth Operator (aka the Pretender) – I hate these guys for a reason…these are the ones that butter you up to get a favour out of you. They love getting really close to you actin’ interested in your affairs and then they drop the bombshell when they need you to do a task that they should have done themselves but have the time to dream up stories as to why they can’t do it at the time. They are manipulative. Keep a look out.
6. The Angry guy – These people are the types that you can never reason with no matter what you try. They are the ones that lack common sense, trust me, been there, done that. You try to help ’em out and they think you are criticizing them, or sizing them up. You can be innocently lending a hand and yet they are the ones that make people believe that you are out to get them…they are a slightly paranoid bunch. How do deal with them…just don’t walk in front of their line of vision.
7. The Paranoid dude/dudette – I had to add this in as a segue to the angry guy since not all paranoid peeps are angry people. They are annoying however, in that they create conspiracies in their head about everyone and everything. I often wonder why they do this but have since lost the patience to find out why. They also have this annoying need to convince you that life is an ongoing conspiracy of people or “things” out to get them…Isn’t that borderline narcissistic? More likely Schizo. This isn’t the X-Files…this is reality my friend.
8. The Narcissist – These ones piss me off because of the level of arrogance that they carry. Some of them can be funny but some of them are over the top uncool to hang with. Why…because they love to talk about themselves. Lunch shouldn’t be a one person show unless you’re a comedian, but yeah, I get a few of those around here. What do you do with these people? You ignore them as hell and make sure they don’t stalk you as well.
9. The Shy One – Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind shy people but there are a few that are way too timid to my liking. An example could be that if you’re with a group of extroverts that like to jump out to do things that are outside their comfort zone, these little people tend to hold the whole group back and someone always ends up having to stay back to take care of them. They need to develop some serious self-confidence to enjoy what life has to offer and shy ones tend to be quiet while everybody else is making noise. Don’t end up with wallflower friends or co-workers ‘cuz they can hinder you from making progress if they continue to remain comfortable with that status quo. They also tend to be clingy and appeal to those that are sensitive to their social-handicap. They can isolate you from others too if you’re not careful and can obsess about you if you don’t curb their enthusiasm to remain that way.
10. The Bossy Boots – These are another pet peeve behaviour that I cannot stand. They love to hear themselves talk and love to tell you what to do. Keeping in mind, they don’t always follow their own rules and yet they have the audacity to tell you what’s what. What to do with them? Hey, you should never be intimidated by these folk otherwise you’re allowing them to steamroll you with their bossy canons. I personally don’t allow people to talk to me with disrespect so I will respectfully tell you where to go….and keep this in mind I “kindly” warned you I would.
11. The Bragger – I find that men tend to do this a lot from my experience, but maybe it’s their socialization to head south for the winter to ego trippin’ land when nothing good is happening in their life. Make no mistake though, Women are just as guilty of this behaviour. I call it a whole bunch of Low self-esteem capped with unfettered many trails of white lies. Why? For one thing, a bragger can talk so much about “how great they have it” but who knows if whatever they’re saying is true or not. Quite frankly, I don’t care. I get to a point where I zone out and tune out the white noise ‘cuz braggers help us develop elaborate escape plans to avoid hearing themselves think “out LOUD”. I notice that braggers hate it when you don’t affirm their so called accomplishments…and never give them a negative look when you hear their “tales/fibs/white-lies”. I find that being sincerely cynical does one of two things…it makes them feel good to see you unhappy in your so-called “unaccomplished life” (in their eyes that is) and also invites more bragging. Instead, act like you haven’t heard a word they have just said…I do this all the time and they hate repeating themselves to get that negative reaction from you that they so relish and frolick in the wind for unless they are a narcissistic type that loves to repeat their stories. Avoid the narcissist bragger at all costs and also never show your dissatisfaction to their stories…they thrive on your expression of boredom and pure misery.
12. The “I told you so” Person – Ok, these people aren’t too bad when it comes to sound advice but they can be annoying if they enjoy being right about something and continue to brag about it. If they brag and often remind you of your mistakes, they aren’t there to help you! They are the type that surveillance you to no end like lions waiting for you to make a mistake. In this case, I classify these fools as a hybrid of narcissism and the bragger type personality. The have the condemner attitude.
13. The Lazy Butt –I think these need more than a whip to get them moving. They are the types that work hard at not working at all. They push all the work they are supposed to do onto you. They are easy to identify because they live by a consistent pattern of not wanting to do what they’re supposed to do. I often wonder how they were brought up in their homes…and it’s a mystery how they ever get clothed each day…don’t tell me they have a nanny syndrome that I’m not aware of. (puke at this point).
14. The Organizational Freakazoid – Look, I’m all about having a sense of organization in your life but if you encounter a neat freak that seems to have an obsessive compulsive behaviour to “keeping” things and doing things a certain way (that is really “Their WAY”), all I can say is look out…but hey, you have to admit, they have a method to their madness.
15. The In-Denial Zoner – I have met and have worked with those that are in complete denial about how they really are a pain -in -the derriere to everybody else. They actually believe they are normal when in actual fact, they are far from the truth of it all. You tell them the God’s Honest truth that you don’t like them for the following reasons…and in some way…they turn and twist what you say into something that translates you into actually loving these annoying people. Just keep in mind that they speak another language apart from your own because they change everything you say to suit their twilight zone way of thinking….I shake my head at these. And they also have a way of not taking “No” as an answer so be weary of these obnoxious crazies.
16. The “Pass the Buck” Attitude – Have you ever encountered someone that won’t take responsibility for their actions or inactions and just throw you under the bus when a situation occurs? The blame is shifted onto you when you have not done anything to warrant the accusations? Most likely these types occur in the workplace, but these lil’ critters are often times friendly to you when they need a favour, but when stuff starts to happen…they bail on you and are the first to point the finger. These need a great high-five on their faces when they come back apologizing or acting like they didn’t mean to do what they did when in actual fact they are undercover psychotics that won’t think twice about throwing you under the bus again. Avoid these individuals as much as possible.
17. The Stalker – These ones are difficult…because they do exactly that; They stalk. I find these to be not only annoying but rather creepy. If it’s in the workplace tell your boss about it, if it’s in your life…make sure you tell people in your life about these people and notify authorities if they start to cross the line, although, I find that stalking in general is crossing the line…hmmmmm.
Well, I think I’ve covered quite a few for your entertainment. Holla at me if you have any more to add to this list. I might update periodically if I think up anymore. Have an annoying free day!