Well, I was nominated by a dear blogger friend of mine called Sister Paulette for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I am quite speechless with all these nominations. I first want to give the Lord praise for the award and thank her for this nomination. I am really honored that she would consider me for this award. I have visited her blog several times and can tell you that She is a genuine worshiper after Gods heart. She has a worship blog every wedenesday that has many songs of praise to God submitted by her and others who want to join in and fellowship. I enjoy her wednesday treats of praise and can tell you that she is woman that worships in Spirit and in Truth. God is her main focus in her blog and her perspective about Christ is truly amazing. I totally recommend visiting her blog.
As I said in the last award, I have stopped nominating blogger for these awards since I believe there are so many that are deserving of recognition and have decided to instead accept them as they come and give each one to the Glory of God and to thank the blogger that nominated me.
As I understand that the guidelines for accepting this award are:
1. Share seven things about yourself.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Place the award on your blog.
Ok here goes with the seven things about myself!
1. I love Pasta especially alfredo and I did a food test a while back that told me I was inclined to eat italian food based on the types of foods I like to eat…and when I started to analyse what it was I like eating, sure enough, I like italian based foods but it’s not the only type of food I eat, I’m just inclined to eat italian food more lol.
2. The last movie I watched was The Magnificent Spider-man…and let me tell you it was really good. I love how Good always triumphs over evil.
3. I love playing intelligent computer games…mostly puzzles and the like…nothing crazy or violent.
4. My favourite color is brown…although technically it’s a natural color not considered a “real color” by art standards but it’s a nice color to me. Some people have told me that brown isn’t a real color and to choose another…but I like brown so I’m stickin’ to it lol .
5. I’d love to skydive one of these days…it just feels like it would be an awesome adventure.
6. I’m still a lover of cartoons. Cartoons don’t get old with me lol.
7. I love reading books but I also like writing. Editing is my sister’s strongest point…I just love to write creatively but do need editing here and there lol.
Well those are the 7 things about me. Hope you liked them. Have a blessed day everybody!
I just want to thank Dulcinea also known as Hodgepodge4thesoul for nominating me for 2 awards and for Elissa from Reality of Christ and Tarisai (aka tsizzles) from Writersfield for the re-nomination for the Lovely Bloggers award. I’m truly grateful for the nominations. I’ve been feeling overwhelmed with the nominations and would like to thank her and everyone who has nominated me from the past. I think in future, I will list the awards here and give my gratitude to the person who nominates me because it is a wonderful gift of recognition. I have recommended lovely blogs in my previous awards and have decided that I’ll stop the recommendations now and just give every award to the Glory of God. I find that there are so many blogs that I want to recommend and the rules only assign a few each time and I don’t want to rule anyone out. What I will do is tell a little bit about myself each time I get an award. So for anyone who wants to nominate me, please don’t be offended if I bend the rules a bit. I Love you all
As always, there are a few rules that go along with these awards:
- Thank and link back to the blogger who bestowed the award on you
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- I love dessert and I like making them too. I always wonder why its the last part of the meal when you can start it at the very beginning lol.
- I’ve cut down on Tea but it’s still a work in progress. Tea is better than coffee to me.
- If I had to choose which genre of movies I like I’d say thriller and mystery, and comedy are my biggest picks. Romance movies have to be intelligent and not so Mills and Boons like. Something like Sleepless in seattle or Coffee Prince (Kdrama).
- I sing in a choir and now I sing in a praise team (front line). I live and breath worshipping my Heavenly Father.
- I love British humor, it’s quite intelligent. It is no mystery why Americans borrow so much from the Brits.
- The latest movie I’ve seen was Madagascar 3 and let me tell you it was LOL FUNNY!
- I absolutely love asian cuisine. Having lived in China for 4 years has been a big influence on my taste buds. I love Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Thai and indo-chinese fusion food. It’s absolutely delish. I’m starting to like Carribean food as well, but rice and peas ain’t happenin’ for me, just give me jerk chicken and we will call it a day .
Thanks Dulcinea, Elissa and Tarisai for the recognition! I also would like to thank all my readers who leave here inspired to do great things with their blogs. You are much of an inspiration to me as I hope that I am to you. Positivity should be in our hearts and Love is how we should lead our lives because that is the hope that this world needs to see. Thank you thank you thank you everybody! Mucho Gracias!
God Bless you everybody!
Well, this past weekend, I was graced with another award from the blazing trail called the Commentator Award. Thank you dear friend for this nomination that I truly was not expecting. I just met the blazing trail a few weeks ago and I would totally recommend visiting their blog. They have amazing material. Thank you once again for the award and God bless you!
It seems like there are no rules for this award, but I will give out some recommendations. I have read many blogs and I am amazed by the amount of creativity and knowledge that exists in this blogosphere. I could mention many great talents out there but I’ll just list a few here that I think are deserving. Check them out because I know their minds will bless you. Have a blessed day everybody!
Instructions for the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Nominate 7 bloggers or less
5. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated
Wow…this season seems to be an award season for me and I give God praise for all of them. I just want to thank Poetic Journey for this Beautiful Blogger Award. She is a phenomenal woman battling sickle cell anemia and her blog has been very inspirational and humbling in that through her struggles, She still sees God as Greater in her life. We don’t have to be sick to appreciate God, we just have to understand that He is our Maker, He is the one that created all of us uniquely and that’s what makes Him great in the first place. So our circumstances don’t change the Fact the God deserves all the Glory, all the praise today and everyday. God is AWESOME !!!!!!
I do encourage people to visit her blog, because her journey has been full of ups and downs and in spite of it all, She still gives God all the Glory. Thank you my dear friend for this nomination. You are a blessing to me in this blogging world. God bless you hun.
I Nominate the following bloggers for this Award.
1. Scott Mitchell http://evokingthedeep.wordpress.com/
2. Granbee http://granbee.wordpress.com/
3. Margaret Olat http://worshipandswag.wordpress.com/
4. Bipolarmuse http://bipolarmuse.com/
5. Celeste http://celestealluvial.wordpress.com
7. J. Michel Fluery http://jhasmoments.wordpress.com/
First I’d like to thank J.Michel Fluery from Jhasmoments for nominating me for this award. I was recently awarded for my sister blog Ramblings of a Creative Mind by two twinnies and didn’t really expect the same nomination for this blog. Thank you J.Michel for this nomination. I am deeply touched that you’d consider me for this award. You are an amazing writer and I love your material so if anybody has a chance, please stop by her corner and check out her material. It’s amazing.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with this award, below is some information from the HUG Award web site:
The HUG Award© was initiated by Connie Wayne at A Hope for Today at http://ahopefortoday.com, which promotes hope, love, peace, equality, and unity for all people.
The HUG Award© is for people with an expectant desire for the world, for which they: Hope for Love; Hope for Freedom; Hope for Peace; Hope for Equality; Hope for Unity; Hope for Joy and Happiness; Hope for Compassion and Mercy; Hope for Faith; Hope for Wholeness and Wellness; Hope for Prosperity; Hope for Ecological Preservation; Hope for Oneness
“People do not have to give up or compromise their own religious, spiritual, or political beliefs to qualify for the Hope Unites Globally HUG Award©. They qualify for the HUG Award© when, without bias or prejudice, they use their resources and gifts to make the world a better place for everyone.”
For more information on this award, please visit: http://ahopefortoday.com/2012/01/14/hope-unites-globally-hug-award-guidelines/
I have come across many amazing people in this Blogging world and I would like to say that I think each person is amazing in their own way. I feel that the person I would like to nominate for this award would be Sharanelle from Not Happenin’ on My Watch. She has an amazing Spirit about her and I love how her ideas speak so much truth about how we see the world. I think you’d agree that she deserves this award when you read up on her material.
Thank you once again for the nomination J.Michel. God Bless You.
I just want to thank allaboutlemon for the re-nomination for the ABC Award. I have been nominated before for this particular award but with a different ABC banner, so I will just post a link to that award here at this link:
Thank You Allaboutlemon! Everybody please check her out, Her site is phenomenal in design and I just discovered it recently and I can tell you that I’m deeply impressed with her level of creativity. You should check out her art game…it is soooo neat. Creativity always sparks inspiration so she is definitely the definition of a lady who is inspired to inspire. Thank you once again Allaboutlemon and may you continue to be awesome in your blog!
Rules for this award:
1.Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 7 nominees
Thank you Celeste from her Mortal Hearts with Immortal Souls blog and sister Sharanelle from her nothappeninonmywatch blog for this nomination for this award. I feel a lot of emotions running through my mind as I consider what it means to be and “Inspiration”. When I first started this blog, I was doing it for fun and not really thinking I could add to anyone with whatever thoughts that came to mind because I was doing it for my own reasons. I figured what I had to say wasn’t really something that would grab anyones attention let alone touch someone because these are my personal thoughts, and I didn’t really expect to have an audience, but over time, I feel the direction of my writing journey changing in that I now long not so much to gain an audience but to write things that matter to me the most. If it touches someone or uplifts them in some way then I feel blessed by that. The mere fact of blessing someone makes me happy. Encouragement is what I live for. I am inspired to inspire but I live more to just bless people with whatever words of wisdom or words of encouragement that I wish were laid out to me when I was going through life without direction. It is meaningless to wonder around in life with no aim, with no goals, with no target and with no direction. Writing has been an amazing self-therpeutic experience for me and I am happy when others are able to empathize and/or feel encouraged by the thoughts that lay within my heart. Thank you Celeste once again for this nomination. I hope to continue on this path of inspiration in my future posts. Who would have thought that others would be interested in my thoughts? *chuckle*
7 Lovely things about myself
1. I love pizza– it is the best creation of vegetables and meat, and all kinds toppings ever made known to man. I’m sure you’d agree with me right??? right??? lol.
2. I love JESUS! so worship is a big part of my life because of what He represents for me and I sing in a Choir to maintain that place that means so much to me. PRAISE IS WHAT I DO.
3.Chapters Indigo is a cool hangout place….all I see is books and I’m in Heaven. I think that if I had one room in my humble abode that would be my haven, it would be a big study room library and I’d have books on every wall.
4. Spring is my favourite season of the Year. Flowers and life springing forward during this season is always and is most definitely an exhuberant display of Gods creation in all it’s glory at this moment and I wish the Lord could have made it an all year round season but it’s like that Beatles song, “To every Season, turn, turn, turn…” lol.
5. I am a Twin. Surprise! When I am by myself, people find me to be so much of an individual that they find it hard to accept I have a double when I tell them about my sister… I guess 1 Sherline is enough in this world lol. I must be too much - In a Good Way I hope! lol
6. I Studied Criminology and I love the show Criminal Minds, Bones, CSI etc and read books like Sherlock Holmes and stuff related to it…I just love things to do with that area with law. Crime is interesting as it is also quite a fearful subject matter as well.
7. If I had to choose between living on a hill and living on a plain, my grandfather would say…
“It’s always better to live in a high place because you will always escape the flood.”
“touché Granpa! touché ! ” (French: You got me there)
I agree with him completely but I think my reason is just to have that scenic view of the land and being able to watch the sunrise and sunset in the horizon, so yeah, I love high places and make sure to live in areas of high elevation in any country because that is the safest place to be. Don’t you all agree?
These nominees have amazing blogs and I am pretty sure you’ll enjoy them as much as I have.
Stay Blessed Everybody!
I would like to first thank Nadie for nominating me for this award.
It’s been a season of award after award after award during and after the Fast. I appreciate all these nominations and I am truly grateful to all that have inspired me to inspire others. There are so many amazing bloggers out there that I am enthralled each time I encounter another brilliant mind. Nadie is a phenomonal thought provoking individual so I would re-nominate her in a heart-beat. I mind that is wiser beyond her years. Thanks Girl For the nomination!
This one is simple – to ‘accept’ the award you just add the ABC Award logo to your blog –and then you share something about yourself with your readers and then pass the award on to other worthy bloggers – there’s no limit to how few – or how many – other bloggers you can send this to.
To share something about yourself – you will need to go through the alphabet and choose a word or phrase for each letter and use that to describe yourself – it might be something about you, something you like, or a place or thing you dream about. And that’s all – no long descriptions or detail – just create a new post, add your shiny new blog award badge and alphabet words and let your readers enjoy finding out a little more about you.
So here’s my alphabet about myself:
|Universal Truth believer||
So these are the fellow bloggers I nominate for this award.
Twinnies Gabby Angel and Autumn Sunshine http://autumnsunshineandgabrielleangel.wordpress.com/
Slik of Daily Aspects http://dailyaspects.wordpress.com/
Tanya Nemley http://godspeaks-i-listen.com/
Awakening Psyche http://awakeningpsyche.wordpress.com/
Vision Keeper http://oneworldrising.wordpress.com/
These bloggers have unique and interesting Minds and I’m sure you’d love to visit them as much as I have enjoyed discovering them. Congrats to all.
Wow, I have just been graced with another blog award by blogger friend Michael . Thank you so much for considering me for this award Michael. I’m still overwhelmed by it all. The beauty about this award is that it doesn’t have any rules. So I’m just going to nominate some bloggers that have blessed my mind, my heart, my soul with their posts.
Check these ones out because I’m sure that they will also bless you.
Wow, I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog by Twinnies Gabbyangel and Autumnsunshine. Don’t you just love their names!!?? I sure do *smile*. Thank you twinnies! If you have time, I totally recommend their blog. They have fun insights about different topics and they are oh sooo full of imagination and creativity. They are awesome Twinnies
There are no rules to how many one can nominate so I’m just gonna go ahead and spread love and warmth.
Please check out the following Bloggers:
http://lizmason.wordpress.com/ – Woman of strength and organization of mind to organize your life
http://1meremortal.me/ – the imaginary and real poet of the soul
http://nadiesbrain.wordpress.com/ – Girl of standard, determination and inner beauty and strength
http://jessiejeanine.com/ – Woman of valor, dignity and strength
http://thetestofthecross.wordpress.com/ – Man after God’s Heart
http://mtsweat.com/ – Just met and love his posts!!!
http://pastormikesays.wordpress.com/ – A Man on a mission with the Gospel of TRUTH
http://mountupbook.wordpress.com/ – Woman of God and about God’s business
http://poeticjourney251.wordpress.com – Journeys of the soul as she battles life
http://granbee.wordpress.com/ - Poetic creativity and a unique imagination. Has an amazing way with words.
http://korahomes.wordpress.com/ – Love this girl!!! She is a critical thinker that doesn’t take life at face value – total recommend
http://russellmazonde.wordpress.com/ – A Man of Proverbs
Be blessed by their posts everyone, as they have blessed me!
As with most Blog Awards on WordPress there are stipulations that must be met upon acceptance of the coveted award. So with the 7×7 Link Award the first thing you have to do is tell something about yourself that nobody knows. Oh MY! lol
I love watching Asian dramas (particularly Japanese. Indonesian and Korean) and I also love watching Japanese cartoons. I think Hayao Miyazaki must have influenced me a great deal when I lived in China.
Now comes the 7×7 links to my pieces I feel are worthy to link up:
Most Beautiful Piece: Seeking Validation in the Wrong Places – A Love-Starved World
Most Helpful: Learning to Listen rather than being Heard
Most Popular: Welcome to Pity Party: Please do NOT RSVP me!
Most Controversial: The Importance of Detecting False Humility
Most Surprisingly Successful: So you lied to me – Trust is Earned My Friend
Most Underrated: Maintain Standards to Build Integrity
Most Pride Worthy: Self Respect – I’m all about that!
Next step to the 7×7 Award fulfillment is to nominate 7 bloggers who I feel deserve the honor and hopefully haven’t already receive it
Scott Mitchell: http://fromscott.wordpress.com/
Zahir Yusuf: A Tale of My heart
Surviving the Storm: http://mountupbook.wordpress.com/
Liz Mason: Organizing the Inside
If you have never heard of them, please make sure to check them out and HAVE A BLESSED AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Candle Lighter Award
Read more about this Award by Kate Kresse
This Award Shared with me by J. Michel http://jhasmoments.wordpress.com/
I really Appreciate it and I am truly honored. I’m still left speechless.
This award belongs to those who believe, who always Survive the day and those who never stop Dreaming , for those who cannot quit, for those who keep trying and if you have that category you are Entitled in this Award.
I Nominate the following bloggers that fit this profile and I believe you’ll enjoy reading their blogs:
Brandon Render http://thetestofthecross.wordpress.com/
Paulette’s blog http://pbus1.wordpress.com/
Russell Mazonde http://russellmazonde.wordpress.com/
Joyce de Vivre joycedevivre.wordpress.com
Tarisai Mzwimbi http://writersfield.wordpress.com/
Wow, I have been nominated yet again for another award from my lovely blogger friends Russell Mazonde and Poeticjourney. Thank you so much my friends, I am really touched by this nomination. It’s really an honor to be considered a Kreativ Blogger.
For this award, I am required to share 10 things you may not know about me. Then, I will have to pass this award on to at least 6 ( or more ) other bloggers.
10 things you don’t know about me:
1. I love movies and I mean good ones with a plot that is not a rehash of what has already been done but something new and amazing such as Inception & Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2 to name a few. Movie makers shouldn’t reinvent the wheel when you all can bring something new to the table. That’s just my 2cents on the situation lol.
2. I love Japanese food especially, beef bulgogi and the varieties of sushi. In fact I think I love Asian food period such as- Chinese, Korean and Indo-fusion, Indian food….etc…hmmm… I think I feel hungry lol…yeah
3. I have lived in Germany, Australia, Kenya, China, and visited England, Inner Mongolia, New York and live in Canada. I love traveling and visiting new lands. I guess I’ve been to every continent except South America…on a to do list for the future lol.
4. I tried learning how to speak chinese and let me tell you those classes were not easy…I quit after class 2 but can still understand somethings being said especially if someone dissing me in front of my face! lol.
5. I am from Zimbabwe but I am often mistaken as an African-American when I go back home because I don’t seem to look “African” and I have no accent. I am often mistaken here in Canada as a person from the “Islands” and to many people’s dismay, when I tell them that “I am AFRICAN to the tee”, they get offended after learning the truth. I don’t get that? What is up with that? I guess it’s a “your not one of us” mentality….hmmmmmm
6. I used to collect stamps and coins as a hobby but the business of life has made me forget this passion. I guess I have decided to pass on the baton to my lovely little sister. She enjoys every coin I give her…especially the shiny ones lol.
7. I was once part of a school club that a group of my friends and I formed that was inspired by Amnesty International – Our focus and motto was In Solidarity with Humanity. It was a group that focused of human rights violations and this was a high school thing trying to get ignorant students interested and aware of international affairs and the injustices of foreign policies and the impacts of the UN on worldly affairs. I find it important to read up on such things rather than being a passive observer to the goings ons of what is happening in the world. I guess I get that whole thing from my grandpa. He always told me to “read the newspaper and not be a fool that knows nothing about the things going on in this world“. “Whatever isn’t impacting you now may impact on you later” is what he would say.
8. I love dessert. Dessert is the best part of any meal lol. I’m sure you’ll agree with me on that one.
9. I sing in my Church choir as an alto at times and a tenorette lol. I used to be a youth leader until UNIVERSITY happened, but now I have dedicated myself to be part of the church choir and currently I am in a young adult cell group for “Young Vibrant Professionals”.
10. I learned a bit of martial arts when I was in middle school called Wushu, and my wushu teacher Tony Flores happens to be a friend of Jet Li! I was like “WHAT!!!!” when I heard that. It was a great thing to learn and when I went to the Shaolin temple on a school trip in China, I got to punch a monk….that was awesome! talk about stress relief, lol. *reminiscing* Mind you…it didn’t hurt him…we were all asked to punch him in the stomach and he had tensed his muscles to demonstrate his level of meditation to not feel pain. It was an interesting adventure. I’ll never forget that. Me thinks I should revisit that place again lol. And just to make it clear, in no way am I a violent person. The punch was a martial arts demonstration.
The 6 Bloggers I nominate for this award are:
1. Korahomes- I love this girls writing. She evokes so much emotion that breathes on the real and exposes the truth of what life is all about.
2. JessieJanine – She has a unique story to tell that brings you to tears and yet you see that it she has a passion to help others become overcomers of painful experiences in their past.
3. Joycedevivre- She is Kreativ in every sense of the word. Her perspective shines in her writing and draws you to question and reflect in your own journey.
4. Worshipandswag - I love her writing. She always brings something new to the table and makes you think about things we take for granted.
5. Attonbitus468 – I enjoy reading his writing. He is very unique and talented.
6. Jhasmoments – I love her amazing poetry. She inspires and is indeed Kreativ by definition.
I have encountered many amazing bloggers during the past couple of months so this list won’t exactly reflect all of them but I just want you to know that I still consider those that I have encountered to be just as deserving of this award. You are all very amazing to me.
The other 3 that have inspired me greatly are :
About this award: This is an award given to blogs that have less than 200 followers and deserve more recognition and encouragement. There are some guidelines that have to be followed while giving or receiving the Award.
So here are the rules for accepting this award:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
And the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award is :
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post.
7 Random things about Me:
1. I’m African
2. I live in Canada
3. I am a Twin
4. I love Tea
5. Writing is my passion
6. Might want to be a motivational speaker one day
7. Loves Jesus Christ – The Son of GOD.
The 15 that I gather inspiration from:
http://poeticjourney251.wordpress.com/ - She really has been one of my major inspirations. Talented and gifted writer. Her life is literally a poetic journey. Check her out.
http://poeticpixel.wordpress.com/ - takes the simple and makes it so profound.
http://worshipandswag.wordpress.com/ - just met her but I love her input. She’s definitely got swag.
http://joycedevivre.wordpress.com/ - inspirational lady with insights that makes me think while on my own spiritual journey.
http://jhasmoments.wordpress.com/ - an artistic and inspirational woman. Has beautiful poems.
http://intruthwetrust.wordpress.com/ - he has an amazing perspective regarding relationships especially male/female relationships and relationships in general that really makes you think about how we treat each other as people in general.
http://russellmazonde.wordpress.com/ - challenges me in writing creatively and brings a whole new twist with just general living. Very inspirational and his story is so moving and a must read.
http://jamesdez.wordpress.com/2011/11/19/the-liebster-blog-award/ - He just takes the simple things and makes it sounds so profound. Motivational in every sense of the word.
http://writersfield.wordpress.com/ - He is a teacher of the Word from what I can tell. He really has amazing tips about reading and just has an amazing point of view about basic organizational methods of doing things. He makes what we seem difficult into a simple task. Total Recommend.
http://creativelybrownone.wordpress.com/ This sister has amazing points of views. I love her thoughtful and analytical rants.
http://zumpoems.com/ - Poetry done differently. Inspirational and amazing to read.
http://nitabrownsugah.wordpress.com/ - Just met her but she has amazing things to say.
http://danieladamian.wordpress.com/ - I love this woman’s point of view about life.
http://6monthstolive.wordpress.com/ - This lady is inspirational. Her page is awesome. Totally has a different perspective about doing life and living it. Check her out.
http://colorfulperspectives.wordpress.com/ -I just saw her site and wow, she has amazing poetry for the soul. check her out.