The Kreativ Blogger Award
Wow, I have been nominated yet again for another award from my lovely blogger friends Russell Mazonde and Poeticjourney. Thank you so much my friends, I am really touched by this nomination. It’s really an honor to be considered a Kreativ Blogger.
For this award, I am required to share 10 things you may not know about me. Then, I will have to pass this award on to at least 6 ( or more ) other bloggers.
10 things you don’t know about me:
1. I love movies and I mean good ones with a plot that is not a rehash of what has already been done but something new and amazing such as Inception & Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2 to name a few. Movie makers shouldn’t reinvent the wheel when you all can bring something new to the table. That’s just my 2cents on the situation lol.
2. I love Japanese food especially, beef bulgogi and the varieties of sushi. In fact I think I love Asian food period such as- Chinese, Korean and Indo-fusion, Indian food….etc…hmmm… I think I feel hungry lol…yeah
3. I have lived in Germany, Australia, Kenya, China, and visited England, Inner Mongolia, New York and live in Canada. I love traveling and visiting new lands. I guess I’ve been to every continent except South America…on a to do list for the future lol.
4. I tried learning how to speak chinese and let me tell you those classes were not easy…I quit after class 2 but can still understand somethings being said especially if someone dissing me in front of my face! lol.
5. I am from Zimbabwe but I am often mistaken as an African-American when I go back home because I don’t seem to look “African” and I have no accent. I am often mistaken here in Canada as a person from the “Islands” and to many people’s dismay, when I tell them that “I am AFRICAN to the tee”, they get offended after learning the truth. I don’t get that? What is up with that? I guess it’s a “your not one of us” mentality….hmmmmmm
6. I used to collect stamps and coins as a hobby but the business of life has made me forget this passion. I guess I have decided to pass on the baton to my lovely little sister. She enjoys every coin I give her…especially the shiny ones lol.
7. I was once part of a school club that a group of my friends and I formed that was inspired by Amnesty International – Our focus and motto was In Solidarity with Humanity. It was a group that focused of human rights violations and this was a high school thing trying to get ignorant students interested and aware of international affairs and the injustices of foreign policies and the impacts of the UN on worldly affairs. I find it important to read up on such things rather than being a passive observer to the goings ons of what is happening in the world. I guess I get that whole thing from my grandpa. He always told me to “read the newspaper and not be a fool that knows nothing about the things going on in this world“. “Whatever isn’t impacting you now may impact on you later” is what he would say.
8. I love dessert. Dessert is the best part of any meal lol. I’m sure you’ll agree with me on that one.
9. I sing in my Church choir as an alto at times and a tenorette lol. I used to be a youth leader until UNIVERSITY happened, but now I have dedicated myself to be part of the church choir and currently I am in a young adult cell group for “Young Vibrant Professionals”.
10. I learned a bit of martial arts when I was in middle school called Wushu, and my wushu teacher Tony Flores happens to be a friend of Jet Li! I was like “WHAT!!!!” when I heard that. It was a great thing to learn and when I went to the Shaolin temple on a school trip in China, I got to punch a monk….that was awesome! talk about stress relief, lol. *reminiscing* Mind you…it didn’t hurt him…we were all asked to punch him in the stomach and he had tensed his muscles to demonstrate his level of meditation to not feel pain. It was an interesting adventure. I’ll never forget that. Me thinks I should revisit that place again lol. And just to make it clear, in no way am I a violent person. The punch was a martial arts demonstration.
The 6 Bloggers I nominate for this award are:
1. Korahomes- I love this girls writing. She evokes so much emotion that breathes on the real and exposes the truth of what life is all about.
2. JessieJanine – She has a unique story to tell that brings you to tears and yet you see that it she has a passion to help others become overcomers of painful experiences in their past.
3. Joycedevivre- She is Kreativ in every sense of the word. Her perspective shines in her writing and draws you to question and reflect in your own journey.
4. Worshipandswag - I love her writing. She always brings something new to the table and makes you think about things we take for granted.
5. Attonbitus468 – I enjoy reading his writing. He is very unique and talented.
6. Jhasmoments – I love her amazing poetry. She inspires and is indeed Kreativ by definition.
I have encountered many amazing bloggers during the past couple of months so this list won’t exactly reflect all of them but I just want you to know that I still consider those that I have encountered to be just as deserving of this award. You are all very amazing to me.